The East Kootenay Infant Development Program
Provides information, resources and support for families who have a child between birth and 3 years of age who: has a diagnosed disability; or is experiencing a developmental delay; or is at risk for developmental delay.
The program provides service to the communities of Radium, Invermere, Kimberley, Cranbrook, Fernie, Sparwood, Elkford and the surrounding rural areas.
Program Services Include
- Home visits encourage progress,
- Develop new activities and support parents Information on a wide range of child development topics Developmental monitoring and/or assessments and written reports Consultation and referral to other Early Intervention and Therapy services Resource lending library Assistance with preschool or childcare planning and transition Parenting and/or play groups with other families
- Referrals may come from any source such as:
- Public Health Nurse,
- Community Professional, and Community Programs
- Family participation is voluntary, free of charge, and information shared is confidential.
Once you are referred to the program, a consultant will arrange to visit you in your home or another location that is convenient and comfortable to you.
East Kootenay Infant Development Program is a Family Centered Service
We recognize the Family as the constant and most important influence in a child’s life. We work with each family to identify your individual needs and we help you to decide on the resources and supports that will be most beneficial to your unique family.
Statement of Philosophy
WE BELIEVE infancy is an important period of life. Support to families can help their child grow and develop. It is the goal of the Infant Development Program to help families access a full range of social, health, educational and community experiences
THE EAST KOOTENAY INFANT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
is funded by
Ministry of Children and Family Development
and sponsored by
Community Connections Society of Southeast BC